Monday, December 1, 2008

Gary and Elizabeth November 23, 2008

So, Mom and Gary are married!! I am so happy! This Thanksgiving, I told Gary that I was thankful for him.
My heart feels complete. The puzzle is put together!
~~~
It was a crazy week! A shower, flowers, bachelorette party, pedi's and mani's that mom treated us to (thanks mom!), shopping for last minute things, going to and fro crazily. But when Sunday came, it was perfect!!!!

Though it started I think about 20-25 minutes late....due to two bridesmaids trying to finish getting mom ready and then themselves.... =) There was a lot to do and all the rushing in and out of the bridal room, everytime I'd see mom, she was standing there in the middle of the room, in her wedding dress, calm, beautiful, and looking absolutely regal. She kept saying how much she felt like a queen. She looked like one! She had such a gorgeous glow about her! This day is a day she has dreamt of and she and everything looked just like a dream.

So about 15 min after the ceremony was to start....I rush into the bathroom with Kristin and she helps me put my hair up. It was hilarious because Gary, John (Pastor), Eric (best man), and Roy were standing there waiting to begin and as we ran by them they looked at us a little confused and panicked. We finally got everything all together, grabbing a few tissues and my bouquet, we lined up. The music began and away the men went. Mom got behind me, I fixed her train and Roy took her arm.

As she walked down the aisle my heart filled with joy to see her looking at all her loved ones who've been there from the beginning and then seeing her husband-to-be. It was such an emotional ceremony. All three of us girls cried. I needed a bucket for all the tears and snot! =)
Ok, So the photos....you'll have to excuse them...some turned out great. but others, not so good since I was too busy being a Matron of Honor/daughter/florist/semi-wedding coordinator.
I wasn't able to really focus on getting perfect pictures =( It was hard trying to get ready and then grabbing my camera really quick taking a shot and not having time to get the settings just right.....Here are a few and perhaps I'll post more later....
Above is an example of being in too big of a hurry and trying to take photos...but I wanted to show my mama's bouquet!
























God blessed this broken road!
~~~

2 comments:

  1. OH I love all the pictures!! As always, you all look so amazing. The flowers are gorgeous! So happy for your family, God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks Kim! God IS so good!! We are so excited!! I can't wait for you to meet Gary sometime!

    ReplyDelete