Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trip to our secret garden Sept. 2008

"R" is for Real fun with the Rowlands!

Well, I have been busy and have needed to try to get on here to post some more stuff from our spring and summer '08....and welp, I can't seem to get on with it. How do people juggle work, family, friends, facebook, myspace, blogs, texting, eating, sleeping, the list goes on. It's ridiculous! I wish we could go back to the simple old days, you know when a phone call or a handwritten letter was how we reached out. Now its just all these little quick snippets to one another.
I guess I feel overwhelmed! =) can you tell!

I will be getting the next segment of our summer '08 soon, but what about what's going on right now in life? huh?! We just recently went to our "secret garden" where Roy and I were married. We love that place and Roy always says that one day he is going to buy that garden for me. He's so sweet. I love him!

One of our favorite things about the garden is the Poplar trees that surround the entire garden. As you walk through the garden, the breeze moves through the trees making a soothing rustling sound. It's so peaceful that you could fall right to sleep to it. The birds chirp and sing there little songs to one another. It truly is a magical place, especially for Roy and I.

The last bloom on the Tulip tree for the season. I love these flowers!

I love this guy so much!

I don' think they'll see me if I hide up in this tree....whoever "they" are!

I love her, she's my favorite statue in the world! Since she's shared our most precious memories with us



And then we thought we'd do a little modelin'......

Let me see you work it!

It's hard not to laugh dang it!




Drove to downtown LaConner, and went to a cute little deli and enjoyed the late evening with some yummy apple/pear wine and local cheese and crackers, sitting out on the deck looking out at the river.

Just in case you were wondering what this was.....


Stay tuned for more Rowland Adventures!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics Loree!! Boy do I remember that garden well! Very cool you guys go back often to see it. And I'm loving the wood "R".

    Hope you guys are doing well!

    Love ya!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! You guys are sooooo cute! I think you truly do have a special garden there and I do believe Roy will buy it for you one day! :-)

    ReplyDelete