Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October! Already?!?! {Our Backpacking Trip '08}

Well, It's October 1st!! Where the heck did the summer go?? For my first entry in our new blournal (aka blog/journal) I thought I would recap our Summer '08! A lot has gone on. I have been super busy with work at the Housing office at Northwest University. Roy was hired as Director of Graduate and Professional studies at Northwest.


I did several weddings and now am getting back into photography again. I am trying to get my creative juices out. They are SOOOO ready to burst out of me its scary!! So I am trying to hone them. I have lots of ideas so we'll see where it takes me.


Well, we'll begin with Roy and I are very much in love. :-) We grow closer and closer as time goes by. We Had a busy but fun summer. I feel like It whizzed by too fast and looking back at all the things we did, no wonder I am tired! But we had some great adventures!! I figured that I can't catch up all in one entry, so I think that today we'll start with our annual backpacking trip we do every May.




This is the view from our awesome campsite ~Day 1




Just inside the trees are our tents and "kitchen"





The sunset was amazing the first night. Roy and I along with his parents hiked in a day early before the group came.


A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do....yup, use the Latrine...its a french thing


Roy has been whittling this spoon every time he is on the trip for the last 4 years!! Way to go hunny! He even used it for the first time this year!

Day2 ~ Roy getting ready to hike out to meet up with the group and get more water!!

Kristin zonked out after hiking in.....haha

Mom's treasures.....


"B" for mom!


Tight rope walking....they call it something else but I can't remember... it was SOOO hard to do but fun and hilarious. All you could do was laugh when you were up there.
The boys playing on the beach.......







Making clam chowder



Our Campfire!! We would totally win Suvivor! ok, well we had foil for our baked pototoes & matches... whatever, we'd still win!


Steak on a stick..........eeeewww!!




ahhhh my mama!


ma and pops Rowland





Not sure what is wrong with Ryan...he's just having a moment...





Heart treasures found by mama! (I think that these actually look like angel wings)



More treasures. We all added our own somethin somethin to the stump


This is a squirrel fishing......




coral



Day 3~It was very cold that morning, but we bit the bullet and went on a walk after breakfast and found a starfish...of course we didn't keep it, we put it back in its home...but if you know me I was thinking about it!


girls at the top of the world!


looking from the peak... or what I call the "top of the world". There is actually another peak just off of the peak that I am standing on that only a few people can climb up at a time and stand. Which was top of the world, but I think that is going to now be called the top of the universe since it is so high!

Kristin and I at the top of the world


Grant and Roy at the top of the top of the world


Mom and Kristin contemplating the real issues of the world, at "the top of the world" like what will I have for lunch when I get down from the top of the world granola or granola?


And me, listening intently and considering what I could add to that granola to make it a little tastier...



mom getting ready to repel


Kristin and Grant literally on top of the world!!

oh yeah, this was shot with them standing behind me, and sat the camera on my shoulder, shooting backwards...too funny!


Repelling down the side of a very steep hill...one at a time boys!

teeter tottering on the other side of the world. Once we repelled down we found a large fallen tree that was a perfect teeter totter

Teeter Totter

(everytime it hit the ground we would be bumped up off the log...

made for some bruises on the rumpess)

Bread and Water




can't remember what the heck we were saying but it was something about sand castles and an ariplane......???huh?! can you rmember what was so funny, Kristin?
Still whittling away!


AWWW the Couples......

love you!


Grant and Kristin

Ryan and Leila, they are so cute!!!

miss Leila




mom stayed down below and found herself a little percussion and had a little jam session


we like to make funny faces.....


until we scare each other.....



Day 4~ mom getting ready to hike out! She's hot!


Clean up!
This is me trying to help Roy out with packing up
And a little Michael Jackson for your entertainment! AAooww!


Well that was our Hiking trip May 2008
Another year, another set of adventures and memories!

10 comments:

  1. Yea!!!! I'm the first commenter!!!

    So glad you decided to do a blog! Keep it up, its so great to see all the pictures, you guys are ADORABLE! I miss you tons and really want to get out there to see everyone.

    So how far was this hike anyway? Serious props for roughing it. We're going hiking in a couple weeks with our small group and please believe I will have my air mattress, duvet and flannel sheets in tow! Campin it Keith style :-)

    Thanks for the linkage!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... and I'm only the 2nd to comment!! Holy Crap! I see why it took you 50 hours to set up. It took me 20 minutes to read and look - and , guess what? I'll bet you never guess who this is. Hint:
    The "Holy Crap" is kind of a lead in.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm, how many guesses do I get??

    First guess: HARMS!!!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Loree!! Oh my goodness you guys are soooooo cute!!!

    Great times and Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HARMS??? uh... NOPE!! By the way - was that "Ruby Beach" that you hiked into?

    ReplyDelete
  6. nope....not Ruby Beach, sorry...try again =)

    also,a little creeped out not knowing who you are......i'm just saying. =)you would be too.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... I don't want you "creeped out", so I will tell you this. You probably wouldn't expect me to be reading your blog, but I've been fairly close to you girls since you moved here..... and I got in thru Kim's blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh-huh.. Surprised to see that even OLD people are reading your blog? Good thing it wasn't Michael Jackson... huh?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. young, old, it's all good! I would've even loved for MJ to visit my blog that would be a hoot!
    And now knowing that its YOU....I'm not creeped. Glad you stopped by! I'll be updating very soon....I've been too busy to sit at my computer for too long.

    ReplyDelete